Here I will discuss about the Seven (7) type of pet dogs.
According to a breed’s origins & initial use, the purebred dogs falls into seven groups. These are as follows:
- Pastoral ( For example, Sheepdogs, collies and corgis. These were developed to control over sheep or cattle.)
- Working dog (These kinds of breeds, as such, rottweiler, great Dane and boxer, they have to be put to work, or exercised regularly to thrive.)
- Terrier ( The most known and owned breeds are the Jack Russell and West Highland white. The terriers were historically bred in Great Britain (GB) and Ireland to control rats, rabbits and foxes.)
- Hound dog (Hound Dog, for instance, are beagle, dachshund, whippet and greyhound. They are well known especially for their powerful sense of smell and great speed).
- Utility dog (This type has some of the oldest documented breeds in the Globe, as such French bulldog, Dalmatian, and poodle.)
- Toy dog (This refers to a group of small and very small breeds, as such pug, bichon frise and Yorkshire terrier.)
- Gun dog ( Conventionally used for their skills in hunting, gun dogs are divided into three (3) primary types: flushing dogs, pointing breeds and retrievers.)